Digital SLR Photography — Issue 158
WELCOME TO THE JANUARY 2020 issue of Digital SLR Photography magazine, on sale now. This month you can expect to master the basics of off-camera flash in Photo Masterclass. Whether using budget manual-only flashguns or top-end multi-mode TTL models, we reveal how easy it is to use flash and the benefits that come from using it off camera. Our Photo Expedition takes you to Dartmoor and in the penultimate part of our new series, Essential Guide to Drones, CAA-approved drone pilot James Abbott takes you through the basics of drone videography and speaks to filmmaker Philip Bloom to discover how he uses drones in his award-winning work. We take a look at the new book, A Life Behind The Lens, showcasing the best images from The Sun’s Chief Sports photographer, Richard ‘Dickie’ Pelham, which covers sporting events from the last 30 years right up to this year’s cricket World Cup! To top of this brilliant line-up, you can expect to learn a multitude of in-camera and editing techniques, such as blending exposures, mixing flash with daylight and fine-art macro images for a great month of photography!
- Editor Lezano tests Fujifilm's medium-format GFX-100
- How to blend long and short exposures in one image
- Mix flash with daylight for studio-style outdoor portraits
- How to capture fine-art images with your macro lens
- A look at 'Life Behind The Lens' of The Sun's Chief Sports photographer, Richard Pelham
- Find out how filmmaker Philip Bloom to discover how he uses drones in his award-winning work