Digital SLR Photography — Issue 159
WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY 2020 ISSUE of Digital SLR Photography. Inside you’ll find a wealth of expert advice for making the most of this photogenic season in our Photo Masterclass to Winter. Outdoor portraits, wildlife, landscapes, still-life and close-ups… there’s something for everyone to enjoy. In our Photo Expedition we travel to Tuscany where springtime has been a long-time favourite destination for photographers, drawn not only by the beautiful rolling landscape but the vague promise of mist-filled valleys and vibrant wild flowers. In our Big Interview, George Johnson talks to Caroline Schmidt about his new book Photographing London, created to guide photographers through England’s capital city to discover its hidden secrets. We’ve lots of other great articles for you to enjoy, including using the right type of filter for capturing sunrise and sunset in the best light possible, how to mix flash with daylight to correctly expose a backlit golden-hour portrait, and exploring the world of long-exposure coastal minimalism using a ten-stop ND.
- Workshop: Reader Jenni Rogers captures three stunning woodland river scenes with the help of a pro
- Big Interview: George Johnson talks about his new book Photographing London
- Photo Skills: Creative and practical photo techniques to try
- Photo Expedition: Find out why Tuscany is where you should be shooting this spring
- Camera Test: Pro photographer James Abbott reviews the Sony Alpha 7R III